Aicar, which is also known by its chemical name 5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide, is an intermediate inosine monophosphate that has been used to stimulate AMP-dependent protein kinase (AMPK) activity.
Clinically, Aicar has largely been used as a treatment to help prevent ischemic cardiac injuries. Aicar was first introduced in the 1980s. At the time, it was used during surgeries to help ensure the flow of blood to the heart.
Recent studies have also shown that Aicar can be used in the treatment of diabetic conditions. This is because the drug has the ability to trigger an increase in tissue metabolic action by altering the physical composition of muscle within the body. Aicar is also now being used by bodybuilders as a workout supplement.
Table of Contents
- 1 Background
- 2 How it Works
- 3 How it is Administered
- 4 Advantages of Using This Compound
- 5 Disadvantages of Using
- 6 Potential Side Effects
- 7 Dosage to Be Taken
- 8 Is PCT Needed?
- 9 Can Women Use It?
- 10 Other SARMs That Stack Well
- 11 What is the Half-Life?
- 12 How Long Until You See Results
- 13 Will it Make an Athlete Fail a Drug Test?
- 14 How to Buy
- 15 What Are the Current Laws?
Aicar is a peptide chemical that can regulate metabolic action in the body. The drug is used to block some intracellular and extracellular enzymes which in turn trigger an accelerated intake of glucose within the body. This is why bodybuilders who use Aicar have often experienced increased levels of energy during their workouts. Aicar has also been known to have an effect in increasing the action of protein kinase in skeletal tissue. Protein Kinase is an enzyme found in the human body that is responsible for stimulating a wide range of metabolic actions including fatty acids oxidation and the uptake of glucose in the skeletal tissue.
How it Works
The main job of Aicar is to stimulate AMP-dependent protein kinase (AMPK) activity. To put it in simple terms, Aicar triggers the action of the protein kinase enzymes in muscle and skeletal tissues. The enzyme in turn triggers increased uptake of glucose as well as improved fatty acids oxidization. This simply pushes metabolism in your body off the roof. There is increased energy for working out and better endurance in high-intensity sessions.
A study that was done by the Howard Hughes Medical Center on the effects of Aicar found that mice that were treated with the drug were able to run 44% further even without prior training. Aicar has also been seen to trigger Ketogenesis. Ketogenesis is a biochemical process within the body where broken down fatty acids and amino acids are converted into water-soluble molecules called Ketone bodies. The molecules are significantly important in supplying energy to critical organs of the body including the brain. It is based on these properties that Aicar has been viewed as an important trigger in improving metabolic action beyond normal body levels.
How it is Administered
Aicar can be administered orally. The liquid capsules can be paired with water or juice. The dosage is still something debatable. However, you’ll need a lot of AICAR to get the results you want. Some studies have suggested nearly 500 milligrams a day per kilogram of body weight.
Advantages of Using This Compound
- One of the key benefits of Aicar is its effect in increasing the uptake of glucose in the body. Glucose is the source of energy and the increased uptake means that your body is spending more energy than before. While this will be a great thing for working out, it can also help improve energy levels, keeping you active all day.
- Aicar has also been seen to improve metabolic action significantly. Even for people who just want to use the drug as a simple weight loss solution without difficult workout regimens, it can help set the metabolism right so that you can burn more even at rest.
- Aicar is also a selective supplement that targets only the skeletal cells and muscle tissue. This can help people who are extremely obese fine tune their body to a place where they can start an exercise routine. Aicar has also often been referred to as “exercise in a bottle”. In other words, it’s a solution that can help you lose weight by doing nothing.
Disadvantages of Using
Despite the strong action Aicar has, it has a number of concerning side effects. To start with, the drug can affect the workings of your heart. It can cause growth of cardiac tissue which may affect the natural blood flow in the body. Some users have also experienced lack of hunger after using the peptide while others in their reviews complained of an extremely dry mouth.
Potential Side Effects
Due to the fact that Aicar is so powerful it has some nasty potential side effects. It can affect the blood flow in the body and pose problems transporting blood to the brain. There has also been some cases of serious heart valve issues with this compound.
Using this drug is risky, especially when you take into consideration some of the other ‘less serious’ side effects like dehydration and diarohea.
Dosage to Be Taken
- Cutting – For proper cutting using Aicar you’ll need a dosage of about 500 milligrams per day for every kilogram of weight. However, if you are stacking with GW-501516, you will need only 150 milligrams per day for every kilogram of body weight.
- Bulking – The same dosage will also be recommended for bulking. However, in this case it’s imperative to stack Aicar with GW-501516. 150 milligrams per day with GW-501516 should do.
- Recomping – You will also need to stack Aicar with GW-501516 for recomping. Use 150 milligrams per day and you will be fine.
Is PCT Needed?
It’s not necessary to have PCT after using Aicar in your first cycle. However, because of the potential side effects, make sure you are checked out to be sure everything is fine.
Can Women Use It?
Yes, there is no reason why they can’t. Aicar is not a hormone and therefore it will not cause virilization. Aicar, especially when stacked with GW-501516, will deliver good results.
Other SARMs That Stack Well
Yes, in fact, it’s totally advised to use Aicar stacking with other SARMs.
There are a few options you can explore but here are the most common ones:
What is the Half-Life?
Aicar’s half-life is very short and when you consider you need to take in at least 150 milligrams a day, you may have to break this down into dosages of 3 to 4 hours.
How Long Until You See Results
Results can be noticed after a few weeks into your cycle but make sure you have stacked the SARM with GW-501516 for the ultimate success.
Will it Make an Athlete Fail a Drug Test?
Yes, the World Anti-Doping Agency has categorized Aicar as a performance-enhancing drug and, therefore, using it as an athlete will make you fail a drug test.
How to Buy
You can buy Aicar online from trusted sources. This is the best way to get the SARM since distribution is quite limited.
What Are the Current Laws?
Aicar is not illegal at the moment in the US but you need to check laws in your country to be sure you are not breaking them.Follow us on Social Media.