Ostarine, also known as MK-2866, is a selective androgen receptor modulator that is designed to treat muscle wasting. The chemical is classified as an investigational drug and is currently being developed by the pharmaceutical company GTx Inc.
Ostarine has also been thought of as a possible treatment for osteoporosis although clinical trials on its effectiveness are still ongoing. There are also trials that are testing Ostarine as a possible treatment option for testosterone replacement therapy and other conditions such as cachexia, atrophy, and sarcopenia.
However, even with all these potential uses, Ostarine sticks out as an ideal supplement for bodybuilders.
Table of Contents
- 1 Background
- 2 How it Works
- 3 How it is Administered
- 4 Advantages of Using This SARM
- 5 Potential Side Effects
- 6 Dosage to Be Taken
- 7 Is PCT Needed?
- 8 Can Women Use It?
- 9 Other SARMs That Stack Well
- 10 What is the Half-Life?
- 11 How Long Until You See Results
- 12 Will it Make An Athlete Fail A Drug Test?
- 13 How to Buy
- 14 What Are The Current Laws?
Ostarine is categorized as a SARM and its legal status in the US so far has been categorized as an investigational new drug.
The chemical is designed to stimulate androgenic action in muscle cells and offers the best alternative to steroids. Because of this, many people have used the supplement as part of their regimen towards a lean body mass.
So far, GTx has conducted over 8 clinical trials on the MK-2866 on about 600 hundred subjects with a promising degree of success. In addition to this, reviews of people who have used the SARM show that it’s working well in bulking, cutting, and recomping.
How it Works
Ostarine is a SARM and therefore it works in the same way other SARMS normally do albeit the degree of effectiveness is relatively better. You can use Ostarine for three goals.
To start with, you can use the SARM for losing fat and developing a lean body with defined muscles. Secondly, Ostarine can be used to add muscle mass. This is especially important for people who are suffering from muscle wasting conditions. Finally, Ostarine may also be used as a supplement that aids in the burning of fat and building of muscle at the same time. The mechanism in which the SARM operates is directly related to the cells.
Each cell of the human body contains hormones that trigger and balance androgenic action. In men, this hormone is called testosterone. However, there are cases where the levels of testosterone released may not be enough to trigger the required androgenic action towards meeting your fitness goals. Taking Ostarine will help trigger an additional action without affecting the normal production of testosterone. The main reason why Ostarine is referred to as selective is based on the fact that unlike steroids which trigger androgenic action in all cells in the body, SARMS will only target the muscle cells and cells within the exoskeleton.
How it is Administered
Ostarine should be taken orally using water or juice. The dosage to be taken per day will depend on your fitness goal but generally, the recommended dosage for Ostarine should range between 20-30 milligrams per day. Cycles will vary too with the average ranging between 4-8 weeks.
Advantages of Using This SARM
- Ostarine is a non-methylated workout supplement and this means that it has no effects whatsoever on the liver. In addition to this, the SARM does not affect blood pressure. This is a big difference compared to steroids available in the market today.
- Ostarine helps improve the general sense of wellbeing for users. Even though it’s most effective during workouts, taking it even without a rigorous workout routine will also help improve energy levels in the body, leading to a better standard of life.
- The cycles needed for results to be achieved are relatively shorter compared to most steroids and other SARMs. It only takes a maximum of 8 weeks to start seeing results with Ostarine. Other SARMs may require up to 12 or 14 weeks.
- There is no need for post cycle therapy once the SARM is used. The supplement does not create any dependency and will deliver outstanding success in both muscle building and fat loss for all users.
Potential Side Effects
Due to the fact that Ostarine is pretty mild on the body and its processes, there have been no reported major side effect issues.
Some minor side effects can occur when using this SARM. But these mostly cease once the cycle is ended.
It is always best to only cycle Ostarine for the recommended amount of time and dosage suggestions. Failure to follow such instructions can greatly increase the chances of suffering any unwanted negative effects.
Please read our report on the possible Ostarine side effects by clicking the link.
Dosage to Be Taken
- Bulking – As for people who want to grow their muscle mass, using an Ostarine dosage of between 25-30 milligrams for a cycle of 8 weeks is highly recommended.
- Cutting – Ostarine is a perfect choice for losing fat rapidly and in order to get results, you will need a dosage of between 15-20 milligrams for a cycle of between 6-8 weeks.
- Recomping – A dosage of 25-30 milligrams is also recommended for recomping. The cycle will range between 4 and 8 weeks.
Is PCT Needed?
No, Ostarine does not require post cycle treatment. While the androgenic effects are quite strong, they are not strong enough to suppress the natural testosterone production in the body. This ensures that you can move on with your life after the cycle.
Can Women Use It?
Yes, women can use Ostarine on 6-week cycles without the risk of virilization. Just like other SARMs, it will deliver results even for women.
Other SARMs That Stack Well
Ostarine liquid capsules can be stacked with a variety of SARMs out there with effective outcomes.
Here are some of the major stacking options to consider:
What is the Half-Life?
Ostarine has a half-life of 24 hours. This is relatively long and it allows you to limit your intake to just 1 dosage per day.
How Long Until You See Results
Results after using Ostarine will take a few weeks before they are visible. While inevitably you will see a major difference once you complete the cycle, you will start to see changes 3 weeks after buying and using Ostarine.
Will it Make An Athlete Fail A Drug Test?
Ostarine can be used by athletes to develop stamina and increase energy levels for competing. However, the World Anti Doping agency classifies the SARM as a prohibited substance.
How to Buy
Distribution of Ostarine is still not official and you can only access the SARM online. There are websites that are trusted enough where you can find Ostarine for sale. Buying on these sites is recommended.
What Are The Current Laws?
Ostarine is categorized as an investigational new drug in the US and it’s legal. However, this may differ depending on the country you are in.Follow us on Social Media.